Elf Games Works
Based in Brescia, Italy
November 17th 2016 (iOS/Android) - Dicember 2nd 2016 (Steam)
An ancient legend, a cursed castle surrounded by brambles, a forest inhabited by funny enchanted creatures and a sweet princess sleeping in it. And, obviously, a fearless prince! This is what Little Briar Rose is made out of. In this particular stained glass-styled graphic adventure the player will help a whole dynasty of princes complete their quest. Be careful though, many will try, but only one shall prevail!
Little Briar Rose was born as a project developed in one month to be a part of the 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest, where it reaches the third place in the non-rpg category. After some critical acclaim in Italy, the game is improved through the following year in order to turn the prototype into a complete game. Improvement after improvement, Little Briar Rose almost entirely changed its original shape, but it still has the same spirit and inspiration.
- Enjoy the hand-drawn graphics, inspired by the stained glass-style art;
- Relive the Brothers Grimm’s “Little Briar Rose” with an adventure full of magic;
- Catch the hints of western and eastern traditions, with references to Disney classics;
- Explore a fairy-tale and fun world, inhabited by weird and unique creatures.
- Challenge your skill with minigames and puzzles;
- Unlock fun achievements;
- Great game experience on mobile devices;
- Traditional animation;
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "3rd Place in the Indie Game Maker Contest 2014" November 20th, 2014
- "Premio Drago d'Oro: Best Game Design" March 16th, 2017
- "Little Briar Rose is one of the best looking mobile games in a while, out now on iOS and Android."
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- "This unique and audacious art direction, coupled with an expansive and immersive fairy-tale world to explore, culminates in a truly jaw-droppingly beautiful adventure game that stands out from similar point and click titles on the iPhone."
- Rob Funnell, Touch Arcade
- "Is there such a thing as love at first sight when it comes to mobile games? Possibly, at least when they offer visuals as stunning as the ones on display in Little Briar Rose."
- Nick Tylwalk, GameZebo
- "Visually, Little Briar Rose is one of the most gorgeous games you’ll end up seeing on the App Store this year."
- Christine Chan, AppAdvice
- "Immer wieder finden sich kleine Perlen im App Store, die auch uns erfreuen. Dazu zählt aktuell definitiv das Spiel Little Briar Rose."
- Mel, Appgefahren
- "With its well-crafted looks and smooth-running design, this game truly is a sleeping gem of the mobile gaming world right now."
- Sam Jones, Tamworth Herald
- "Exquisite hand drawn graphics, beautiful music and a magical Disney touch make this a delightful game to spend time with."
- Adeline Gear, The Apptimes
- "La reinterpretazione, a volte umoristica e in certi casi quasi assurda, del mondo fiabesco classico, oltre all'ottima idea dell'elemento "roguelike" che consente di esplorare anche i percorsi negativi, scardinando una caratteristica tradizionale dell'avventura grafica, contribuiscono a rendere questo un gioco particolare."
- Giorgio Melani, Multiplayer.it
- "Après une petite introduction digne d'un bon Disney très fleur bleue de la bonne époque, vous voilà donc lancé dans une aventure, ou plutôt une réelle quête, vers le château, tel un parcours initiatique pour le prince devant réaliser diverses tâches pour des créatures légendaires que vous rencontrerez afin d'ouvrir le chemin."
- Olivier BOESCH, KickMyGeek.com
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at elfgamesworks.com.
About Elf Games Works
Elf Games Works is an italian video game dev team made of two people. We love creating atmospheric stories while mixing up a captivating game experience with visually peculiar environments.
More information on Elf Games Works, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Little Briar Rose Credits
Game Design & Development, Elf Games Works
Game Design & Graphics, Elf Games Works
Translator & Sound Effects
Sound Effect Designer
Music Composer, Freelancer
Music Composer, Freelancer